- Chubb, J (2018) 'Freedom and responsibility: researchers’ responses to the impact agenda in the UK and Australia'. Centre for Global Higher Education, UCL, 7 June 2018.
- Chubb, J.A (2017) 'Instrumentalism and epistemic responsibility: Researchers and the impact agenda'. Epistemic Vice & Corruption, University of Nottingham, Department of Philosophy two day conference 13th September 2017.
- Chubb, J.A (2017) Public Engagement and Impact: not just for the REF Research and Innovation Conference. University of Derby. May 19th 2017.
- Chubb, J.A (2017) Research Impact - The National Picture. Lancaster University. Professorial programme, 25th April 2017.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'Pathways to Impact in Philosophy'. Durham University, Philosophy Department Impact away day, November 2016.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'On Epistemic Value, Freedom and Accountability'. Politics and International Studies Impact Conference, University of Warwick, 22 November 2016.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) ‘The Politicisation of Knowledge Policies: Actors in National Arenas: Research with impact: Academic perspectives from the UK and Australia’. European Consortium for Political Research Conference, Prague. 10th September 2016
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'Research impact and the politicisation of knowledge: implications for the UK and Australian research'. WISE Conference, Interdisciplinary conference on Education in the 21st Century, June 24th 2016
- Chubb, J.A (2015) SRHE Newer Researchers Conference ‘Research with impact: Academic perspectives from the UK and Australia’.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘Research with Impact’ Staff seminar, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘The Process of Collaborative Innovation: Planning a Pathway to Impact’. Keynote address at the ‘Inspire’ Inter- University Summer School Conference, Curtin University, Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘Pathways to Impact’. Seminar for Research Staff, University of Manchester.
- Chubb. J.A (2013) ‘Pathways to Impact’. Research Staff Conference 2014, the University of Manchester.
- Chubb, J.A (2013) ‘Perceptions of the impact agenda and barriers to engagement: interim findings’. Presentation at UKCGE ‘Impact in postgraduate education’ conference event at the University of Warwick.
- Chubb, J. A (2013) ‘Planning a pathway to impact’. Seminar at the University of Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2013) ‘Public Engagement – What’s in it for PGRs and HEIs?’ The National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement and the SRHE, Postgraduate Issues Network hosted a joint seminar to explore the impact of public engagement on Postgraduate Researchers and their institutions. Paper given at the Society for Research into Higher Education, London.
- Chubb, J.A (2012) ‘Pathways to Impact in the Arts and Humanities’. One-day seminar at the University of Western Australia.
- Chubb, J. A (2012) ‘Pathways to Impact in the Sciences’. One-day seminar at the University of Western Australia.
Media, Engagement and Influence
My research has been covered in the UK by Times Higher Education and in several outlets in Australia. My co author and I have published a summary of our findings in the online magazine The Conversation.
The University of York Newspage created a page on the converage.
I was invited to write an article for the popular blog site Research Whisperer.
I recently published a further article in The Conversation following the publication of Fear and Loathing in the Academy: the role of emotion in response to an impact agenda in the UK and Australia published in HERDA 2017.
I was interviewed for a podcast on the challenges and benefits of generating impact during your PhD.
I had the pleasure of being invited onto University of York’s very own radio station to talk about my PhD experience, you can find us informally chatting about all things research, viva and hats, here.
I also wrote a blog for York about doing a part-time PhD.