- Chubb, J.A (2017) Public Engagement and Impact: not just for the REF Research and Innovation Conference. University of Derby. May 19th 2017.
- Chubb, J.A (2017) Research Impact - The National Picture. Lancaster University. Professorial programme, 25th April 2017.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'Pathways to Impact in Philosophy'. Durham University, Philosophy Department Impact away day, November 2016.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'On Epistemic Value, Freedom and Accountability'. Politics and International Studies Impact Conference, University of Warwick, 22 November 2016.
- Chubb, J.A (2016) ‘The Politicisation of Knowledge Policies: Actors in National Arenas: Research with impact: Academic perspectives from the UK and Australia’. European Consortium for Political Research Conference, Prague. 10th September 2016
- Chubb, J.A (2016) 'Research impact and the politicisation of knowledge: implications for the UK and Australian research'. WISE Conference, Interdisciplinary conference on Education in the 21st Century, June 24th 2016
- Chubb, J.A (2015) SRHE Newer Researchers Conference ‘Research with impact: Academic perspectives from the UK and Australia’.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘Research with Impact’ Staff seminar, Edith Cowan University, Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘The Process of Collaborative Innovation: Planning a Pathway to Impact’. Keynote address at the ‘Inspire’ Inter- University Summer School Conference, Curtin University, Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2014) ‘Pathways to Impact’. Seminar for Research Staff, University of Manchester.
- Chubb. J.A (2013) ‘Pathways to Impact’. Research Staff Conference 2014, the University of Manchester.
- Chubb, J.A (2013) ‘Perceptions of the impact agenda and barriers to engagement: interim findings’. Presentation at UKCGE ‘Impact in postgraduate education’ conference event at the University of Warwick.
- Chubb, J. A (2013) ‘Planning a pathway to impact’. Seminar at the University of Western Australia.
- Chubb, J.A (2013) ‘Public Engagement – What’s in it for PGRs and HEIs?’ The National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement and the SRHE, Postgraduate Issues Network hosted a joint seminar to explore the impact of public engagement on Postgraduate Researchers and their institutions. Paper given at the Society for Research into Higher Education, London.
- Chubb, J.A (2012) ‘Pathways to Impact in the Arts and Humanities’. One-day seminar at the University of Western Australia.
- Chubb, J. A (2012) ‘Pathways to Impact in the Sciences’. One-day seminar at the University of Western Australia.
- Chubb, J., Watermeyer, R. & Wakeling, P., (2017) Fear and loathing in the academy? The role of emotion in response to an impact agenda in the UK and Australia. Higher Education Research and Development, 36 (3).
- Chubb, J. and Watermeyer, R. (2016) Artifice or integrity in the marketization of research impact?: Investigating the moral economy of (pathway to) impact statements within research funding proposals in the UK and Australia. Studies in Higher Education.
- Chubb, J. (2014) How does the impact agenda fit with attitudes and ethics that motivate research? In P.M. Denicolo (ed), Success in Research: Achieving Impact in Research. (pp. 20 – 32). London: Sage. Link
- Chubb, J. (2014) What skills are needed to be an impactful researcher? In P.M. Denicolo (ed), Success in Research: Achieving Impact in Research. (pp. 113-126). London: Sage. Link
Media, Engagement and Influence
My research has been covered in the UK by Times Higher Education and in several outlets in Australia. My co author and I have published a summary of our findings in the online magazine The Conversation.
The University of York Newspage created a page on the converage.
I was invited to write an article for the popular blog site Research Whisperer.